Friday 20 September 2013

Lifescouts


Lifescouts is a collection of badges that can be earned for real life experiences like driving a car or going camping. They range from very easy to earn such as the picnic badge to very difficult, visit Easter Island being one of them. In this mini series of blogs I will tell the stories behind some of the badges that I've earned.

Performing On Stage
In primary school I played the role of Joseph in the annual nativity play. It was really great fun even though I didn't say much but I've never had a chance to do anything else since.

Concert
The first concert I ever went to was McFly. It was part of their Radio:Active tour at Sheffield Arena. They were amazing live and I had a fantastic time. I've since gone to see lots of my favourite groups live and I've been fortunate that they've all been good live bands.

Falconry
A few years ago, my brother had a birthday party at a birds of prey sanctuary. We got to hold lots of different birds including some massive ones. There was one huge bird which I thought would land on my head so I had my hood up and because of this the man in charge put some food on top of my hood so the bird would swoop down on to my head!

Archery
I first tried archery at Centre Parcs about five years ago and it is really great fun. It's first on my list whenever we go back because it's quite relaxing and just challenging enough to make it exciting.

Song Writing
When I was younger I used to write songs and compose music for them on the piano. They were pretty rubbish but it was quite fun to do and was a good way of procrastinating.

Those are today's five badges. Stay tuned for future blog posts in which I discuss more of my favourite stories from the Lifescouts badge collection.

See you next week.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment